Thursday, October 23, 2008

Regatta



This weekend I was finally able to see the Head of the Charles Regatta. It is one of those things that I have wanted to do for several years, but always remember right AFTER it happens. Each October they have rowing races with people competing from around the world. Since my office is near the Charles River, I was able to walk down and watch a few of the races. The reason I have wanted to see it because I think rowing looks like so much fun. I just think it looks really neat to see a group of people rowing together. I also love water and imagine that it would be beautiful to be rowing in the morning and to see the sun shining on the water. The side effect of having well toned arms would be a nice plus too! Ever since I moved to Boston I have been telling myself "Next summer I really need to sign up for rowing." Unfortunately, it has remained on the "next summer" list. I wonder if my aversion to getting up early in the morning has anything to do with this...? I still love the idea of it so hopefully next summer I will really do it!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Dang! We always wanted to do that and never did. It looks so cool!

Linda said...

go for it Christina! =)