Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun Visitor!



I was so excited last week to have a visitor! Flat Stanley came to visit me with the following note:

"Hi, my name is Flat Stanley. I am a friend of Jordan. I used to be a normal boy until my headboard fell on top of me and left me flat! Now I must get used to a new life. I have found one big advantage of being flat. I can travel very inexpensively in envelopes. That is why I decided to come and see you!

Back in West Jordan, Utah, Mrs. Lynch's 3rd grade class is learning about maps. They would like you to please send them a postcard, letter or photo telling them about my trip to visit you."

Flat Stanley was a great visitor! I had so much fun taking him around Boston and taking pictures of him. He is very quiet and well mannered :) but I think he had a good time too! I was so happy that my nephew Jordan thought to send Flat Stanley to me. I sent him back yesterday with pictures, a couple of books about Boston, some Red Sox pencils and Boston Baked Beans candy. I hope the kids have half as much fun welcoming Flat Stanley home as I did having him visit me! Thank you Jordan!

Imagine how much fun we would have if everyone could travel as inexpensively!

8 comments:

Mrs. Breitling said...

Thank you so much! Jordan will be so excited to read your blog when he gets home today. He was so excited to send Flat Stanley to you. I love the pictures, you really spoiled Flat Stanley while he was there!

Lisa B Nell said...

you are THE coolest aunt EVER!!! You rock! :)

Linda said...

that is the neatest thing I have ever seen. Looks like you had a blast with Flat Stanley!

Jordan said...

thank you for doing all the fun stuff
with Stanley.

Christie said...

My, my, but you and Stanley have been busy.

Is your boyfriend jealous that you were out and about town with another man?

Robert said...

WOW! You never cease to amaze me. Thank you so much for your support. Not only did you put a lot of work into this project for Jordan, we feel the love too. If I could just work past all the excuses, I would love to come get the "Flat Stanley" tour.

Jordan said...

Thank you for all the stuff you sent with Stanley. I wrote a blog about it on my blog rjlego.blogspot.com

You are the best aunt ever.

Joy & Casey said...

Christina,
Shaylee had to do this a couple of years ago...It is really the funnest thing ever!!! You are cute to make a big deal of it for Jordan-super fun! Read the books-they are pretty funny! :)