Saturday, November 8, 2008

Little things can make all the difference



This has been a kind of tough week for me. Work has been very stressful, I haven't been sleeping enough, and to top it all off I have a tooth that really hurts. I know, it all sounds so whiney, but still... it's been a tough week. However, I was lucky to have a very bright spot in my week too that keeps making me smile and reminds me of what is really important.

When I got home late one night I found a happy surprise in my mail- an envelope from my nephew Brendan! I was so excited to see it. Inside there were a bunch of drawings from Brendan. It completely turned my day around. The drawings are so cute. It made me so happy to realize that he had remembered me and wanted to send me some pictures. I really miss being able to spend time with my nieces and nephews and hope that as they grow up they will know how much I love them.

I hung up some of the pictures on my fridge, and brought the one on this post to work. Now every time I look at it at work, I can't help but smile and it puts work more into perspective. Thank you Brendan! And Andrea for taking the time to mail them. It meant more to me than I think you would guess.

3 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

You are such a good aunt! Those kids are so lucky to have an aunt like you that treasures them - extended family is so important for kids - it is so neat that you truly appreciate and love them the way you do. I hope this week is better for you :)

Joy & Casey said...

I wish my kids had an aunt like you!!! I am sure you are amazing and are making a huge difference in their lives. Kids are so good at reminding us of the simple things, though!

Terra said...

I think that is so sweet! What a wonderful feeling. Savor it.